02 May Switch The Play Are Excited To Announce A New Role – Athlete Transition Coordinator
Switch the Play, an exciting young social enterprise are recruiting an Athlete Transition Coordinator.
Job title: Athlete Transition Coordinator
Organisation: Switch the Play (CIC)
Salary: £19,200 – £22,400 (30 Hours Per Week). Fixed Term – 18 Months
Location: Numerous – virtual working with core office space in London, East Midlands and Manchester
Closing date: 25/05/2018
Interview dates: 06/06/2018
Contract type: Fixed Term (Part time)
The purpose of the role is to help coordinate a range of services that will support current and former athletes to prepare, plan and manage their successful transition to life outside of sport.
The role forms an important part of the development of Switch The Play CIC, a social enterprise that was established with the mission of helping current and former athletes to fulfil their potential through and beyond sport. We are passionate about developing athletes outside of sport and we work with governing bodies, leagues, player unions, clubs, and athletes themselves to support, educate and develop athletes off the sporting arena helping them prepare, plan and manage their successful transition.
The role will include an Apprenticeship or Degree Apprenticeship training package (in Project Management or Mentoring) providing an additional learning and development opportunity for the post-holder aligned to the core knowledge, skills and behaviours required for the role. In addition, the successful candidate will be offered the opportunity to undertake the Level 3 Certificate in Talented Athlete Lifestyle Support.
The role would provide an excellent career development opportunity for a transitioning athlete. We are committed that 50% of the candidates interviewed will be current/former athletes.
Key Responsibilities & Accountabilities:
• Switched On Membership Services including:
– Managing the customer journey process to ensure a personalised, bespoke and tailored offer to members
– Production of guides and resources to support members
– Coordinating relevant content and opportunities to share with Switched On members
– Managing communications to Switched On Members.
• Masterclass Operations including:
– Publicising/Promoting Masterclasses
– Support in scheduling, venue logistics, booking systems and processes
– Training Evaluation process.
• Project Management including:
– Identifying, scoping and researching potential projects.
• CRM systems including:
– Managing a database of contacts, ensuring ongoing compliance with GDPR
– Managing business development tracking systems.
• Managing relationships including:
– Regular communications and engagement with Associates and Supporters of Switch the Play
– Supporting Directors with external facing stakeholder relationships.
• Content Management including:
– Working with stakeholders to support the creation of newsletters, blogs, wakes, Vlogs etc.
– Content management responsibility for the website.
• Event Management including:
– Maintain a calendar of events and activity to support forward planning – internal and external and sporting.
– To assist / manage the logistics of networking events, promotional events, conferences, meetings and exhibitions.
• Board and Director meetings support including:
– Preparation and coordination, meeting agendas, and action notes.
• Research and Insight tasks including:
– Helping to create a central home for all insight related to athlete transition
– Specific research tasks as identified.
This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of responsibilities. The job holder may be required to complete any other reasonable duties in order to achieve business objectives.
How to apply:
Application should be delivered electronically to firstname.lastname@example.org. Where appropriate or available creativity and digital skills in the application are encouraged. For example, we’d welcome applications submitted via the Wakelet storytelling platform. Prospective candidates should include some form of CV and some narrative in the form of a covering letter. The information submitted should include 200-word statements or video clips or storytelling pieces on each of the following:
Examples and proven experience of working independently and showing initiative
Examples of working with athletes and players to develop themselves outside the sporting arena
Examples and proven experience of managing projects and meeting deadlines
For an informal conversation about the role, please contact one of our team on email@example.com